When it comes to cupcakes and desserts, we are always spoilt for choice in this city. With the number of eateries selling delicious treats, we never have to worry about anything. But after trying so many cupcake stores I realized that not all of them were up to the mark. During my recent scout, I finally discovered what I was always looking for, cupcakes that are moist and fresh topped with a frosting that is perfectly creamy, rich, not too sugary and well priced too!
Location: Dubai Mall (For more locations check their website)
Cuisine: Cupcakes and Coffee
Ideal for: Afternoon Tea
-Red Velvet Cupcake with Cream Cheese- This is by far my favourite cupcake ever. I can never leave a store without trying their Red Velvet. This cake was moist and fresh but it was the frosting that stole my heart. Unlike most of the other stores, their frostings were not too sugary, just perfectly sweet, rich and so creamy.
-Ferrero Rocher Cupcake- It was love at first sight for me. This was not just any regular brown chocolate cupcake, it was sprinkled with gold dust and looked so magical. The cake was soft and the icing was delish and oh so chocolaty. Just how I like it, not too sweet.
– Gluten Free Carrot Cake- Since gluten free is a fad now-a-days, I thought of skipping the traditional carrot cake for this one and I have to admit, I was quite surprised as to how much I loved it without gluten. The rich taste of cardamom, cinnamon and carrot with every bite and the soft cream cheese made for a perfect evening snack. The slather of cream cheese icing adds that perfect punch and is one of the many reasons why I like cakes.
-Tea- We tried the green tea with passion and white orchard. This was such a refreshing change from the regular teas. The aroma of tropical fruits with delicate notes of the tea was worth a try.
-Afternoon Tea Platter- This platter is simply outstanding! From fresh soft warm scones to strawberry tarts, fresh fruit friands, Devonshire clotted cream, assorted sandwiches to delish cupcakes and scrumptious triple chocolate brownies to a selection of tea/coffee, they serve all of this for AED 49 only.
– Fools Gold Chocolate- These would make an amazing gift for friends and family. Not only is their packaging so fancy, but also when you pop one of these, they start to crackle. It’s like a party in your mouth.
– I have to admit, being a big fan of other cupcake stores, I was a little hesitant to try this one. But when I did, I was definitely in for a treat. Apart from the many reasons to try this eatery, one of them would be for their icing. Unlike others, their icings are far away from those extra sugary ones. They are rich, soft and perfectly sweet, just how I like it.
-The interiors of this café are chic and beautiful with black tiled walls, artsy paintings, cute cupcake displays and stunning chandeliers making it the perfect victorian setting for an afternoon tea
– They have a huge variety of cupcakes and love how colourful everything looks. Not only do they look that beautiful but they are way too delicious.
– The afternoon tea selection is magnificent and value for money. The sandwiches are so fresh (they also serve smoked salmon), cakes and brownies are delicious, macaroons could have been better but give the variety you have it doesn’t matter. For AED 49 this is a free treat.
– They have gluten free carrot cake, Diabetic cupcake and chocolate vegan cakes on request too.
– Every product in the store is reasonable and well priced.
Service: The staff will go out of their way to help you.
Price: Afternoon Tea- AED 49 & Cupcakes- AED 12