When was the last time you did not have to wake up early on a weekend for breakfast? Atleast I cringe with the idea of not getting enough sleep on my day off. So when I heard about the Sufra lazy breakfast concept, I got so excited and couldn’t wait to share it with you guys. Taking place from 12.30pm to 4.00pm, ever Saturday, this is the perfect place to spend a leisurely afternoon with friends and family.
Location: Hyatt Regency Dubai Creek Heights
Cuisine: American/Indian/Arabic/ Continental
Ideal for: A late Saturday breakfast
– The Cold Buffet included a selection of International Cheeses, cold cuts and cereal.
– Grill: A selection of succulent meats grilled on the spot. The menu that day included rosemary and garlic striploin with creamy mushroom sauce, Asian marinated fish fillet with mango and citrus salsa, cajun chicken and vegetable succotash, hara bara lamb chops with smoked egg plant and mint yoghurt
– The Hot Buffet included Arabic and Indian breakfast favourites (there was idli too)
– A variety of salads and Middle Eastern dips like hummus, moutabel etc.
– A Carving station which served whole roasted meat with accompaniments.
-An egg station that served eggs in any style including a Benedict along with hash browns.
– Fresh Shawarma
-All kinds of breads and croissants.
– Fresh Crepes and Waffles with a huge selection of toppings.
– Icecream and desserts (including home-made gelatos)
– For beverages we had an option to choose from the signature Bloody Mary concoction, Mimosas, Gin Fizz, Strawberry Bellini, Sparkling Wine and other anti-oxidant and detox drinks.
-I absolutely love the idea of a lazy breakfast. Very few places in Dubai serve breakfast till late and I’m so glad that I can head to Sufra anytime in the day for good eggs.
-The whole vibe is so laid back and relaxed, perfectly adding to the chilled weekend mode. I love how the natural light falls in from the windows and you can enjoy the beautiful view of the Dubai Creek Park.
-The menu could have been better. The options are a little limited.
-The best part about the meal is that the chefs personally come to the table and offer mini bites like pizza, sliders, burritos, fruit salad, crab cakes etc. It just adds that personal touch and makes you feel so special.
-Tastewise, the meat was cooked to perfection, the freshly grilled items were delicious, salad and dips were fresh, detox juices were worth trying and the desserts could have been better. Don’t forget to have their coffee at the end of the meal.
– This buffet is absolutely value for money. For AED 140, this is a feast. The quality of food and the service just enhances the overall experience. Lets face it, where in Dubai will you get such a spread without it pinching your pocket?
– There’s a special buffet set up for kids and an Activities Corner as well.
Service– The staff looked so happy and were so helpful, especially Janet and Cindel.
P.s- The chefs were kind and fun, they even posed for my pictures.
AED205 including alcoholic beverages
AED140 including soft beverages
AED70 for children aged 6-12 years
Contact: +971 4 553 1272/ [email protected][Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”42″ gal_title=”Sufra Saturday”]